What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
Love Ten and Donna!
best post ever.
I’m not even into Dr. Who and this just kept getting better and better!
I remember this was the first time I completely lost my shit watching Doctor Who. When the bad guy just asks “Are we interrupting?” I just burst into tears laughing.